Monday 29 October 2012

Influential 60's Make up looks

I started focusing my research into makeup ideas for my two female cast members. Relating back to the original music video,I looked at how Jessie J's makeup is. They have made her look very causal. Simple yet elegant I think. They use a smokey eye shadow, with clear foundation and clear lip gloss. I do like the idea of having one of my cast members with smokey eyes, but I do feel like there maybe different looks I could approach. But also making sure that I link back to the appearance of Jessie J in the video. 
 








But I am also interested in linking each look to the genres of the song itself; Adult contemporary and Pop.  Looking at some makeup styles from the two genres, they both are interlinked with the way Jessie J is portrayed in the original music video. With the adult contemporary look, most artist wear clear lipgloss with the added effect of smokey eyes. Where as the Pop style has the natural eye makeup that artists like Adele and Madonna feature. 
But all these looks all relate back to my interest of 60's vintage. so I carried on with my research on iconic female actresses, musicians and models around the 60's period with there unique fashion trends.  


Audrey Hepburn; 
A well known actress from the 1950's. Some of her most successful and well known rolls are; 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', 'My fair lady' and 'Charade'
She was always highly complimented for her sophisticated style. The hypnotic eyes, floor-less complexion and the seductive red lipstick really stood out.  
60's Neutral 
I could also relate Audery Hepbruns style to the classic 60's natural. Apart from the very chic red lipstick. As it says its a very natural look, simple eyeliner with a slight flick towards with end. floor-less complextion, but with emphasis on the check bones, and clear lip gloss. 
This appeals to me as it is a very close look to Jessie J's in the original video.   















Mariyln Monroe
Was a tremendous star in the 60's. She was well known for her careers in music, the film industry as an actresses and producer and modeling. Her 'blonde bombshell' with seductive red lipstick image drove the 60's area wild including her sensual style. A performance look which could illustrate both genres of my music video.


No comments:

Post a Comment