Sunday 28 October 2012

Influential 60's Hair Styles

I then decided on the look that I wanted for each of my artists and props which I may consider using when filming. I decided on trying to combine each artists look upon both genres, and the set style that I had chosen, 60’s vintage, and kept the props to the minimum. When researching the set out for a performance, I looked upon using a traditional microphone from the 60’s period. But it was unlikely to be able to get hold of such a microphone, so instead I looked upon using a traditional microphone from modern day.  Doing research into Adult Contemporary and Pop, I have been able to outline each look/style of artist within that genre. Adult contemporary is very elegant and chic. Male artists wearing; grey, white or black suits, Formal but sophisticated. Whereas the female artist are featured in long gowns, evening dresses and cocktail dresses, an image and style which a lot of females love to wear. 
The hairstyles are also very smart and formal an ideal look for my music video.

Pop on the other hand is completely different, and possibly not the image I am looking to set my music video on. The clothing is very bold, makes the artist standout for its genre,  something which I am not looking for. 
But perhaps I can merge both iconic styles together?
One of the first thoughts that came to my mind was what hairstyles could I have to separate each of my cast as their own character?
I did some research into female artists ranging from the 60's, to modern day music.
Watching my chosen music video 'Up', I considered to how the team had dressed both James Morrison and Jessie J. Trying to link ideas I would like to carry through to the production of my music video with the original.
Barbra Streisand-  A very Iconic figure  in modern day film and music industry. But she was in her prim of her career in the 60's. The images I collected portray her very elegant and mature 60's look.  An image I am considering for a cast member.




















Lana Del Rey- A artist from modern day music. Lana Del Rey is the only artist within my influential look that goes into the category genre-Pop. But I consider her look as a very innocent 60's look with the appropriate piggy-tails.
I would consider this for my narrative look, due to the character I would like to illustrate in my music video


















LuLu- Another very influential artist from the 60's. As well as her career in music which started from a very young age, she dabbled in another art; film and television.
 LuLu was highly complimented on her petite, sweet girls image. Perhaps another influential look I could illustrate my narrative in my video.
















Marilyn Monroe- Was a tremendous star in the 60's. She was well known for her careers in music, the film industry as an actresses and producer and modeling. Her 'blonde bombshell' image drove the 60's area wild including her sensual style. A performance look which could illustrate both genres of my music video. 



No comments:

Post a Comment