Thursday 1 November 2012

Microphones


Watching music videos from my chosen genres for my research, I came across Michael Buble (a well known adult contemporary artist) and his song 'Cry me a river'. There only prop in the video was a Shure 55SH microphone (This is also known as vintage style vocal microphone) used to set the scene. It was commonly used in the 60's for live performances, and is still used in modern live performance and music videos today.

I would like to stick to the set image for my music videos as best as I can. But through doing some research and asking round at my college and surrounding areas where I live, it is impossible and unlikely to be able to borrow microphones like this one. 

(AKG C3000)(AKG C4000)


Doing some more research into Microphones I am across theses two  AKG C3000 and an AKG C4000. These microphones are used in a live recording studio, recording instruments like piano, woodwind, brass and most commonly vocals. These microphones have a similar appearance to the Shure 55SH, and could well bring across my 60's vintage style I am looking for. However, talking to a teacher at my college, it is also unlikely to be able to use these microphones due to there value.   






So instead I have decided with using a modern day microphone such as a Shure SM58. Sure it doesn't have the same effect as the Shure 55SH microphone, but they are easily accessible. I have asked to borrow them from my college for the number of hours I need to collect footage for my music video.








No comments:

Post a Comment