Friday 23 November 2012

Filming in the theatre

Friday 23rd November: Another section of filming. 

I was able to book the theatre again today!!!
This time I was able to rally things round together and get everything ready and in the theatre within a couple of minutes.
Claudia was able to give me a hand again today, which I very much appreciated. She helped with styling Danny's hair, setting up the microphone with its cable, and helping me set up the music system in the theatre so I was able to lync the computer up to the speakers. I thought it was a better idea than using the speakers from last week. This helped a lot for when Danny and Iona had to lip sing. And It was easier for me to operate with whilst filming.
I carried on with filming the shots I'd chosen to film in my production schedule. From this I was able to ask the theatre technician whether there where any other  lighting settings I could us in my video. The lighting I had chosen was the purple/ red tone which brings out lovely tonal colours which added charisma to my performers complexions. But I found that in some of the shots it produced shadows over there faces.
We went through all of the different light settings with the already purple/ red lighting. I was still interested in having a drop light on Danny and Iona, giving it a more of a live performance atmosphere. But it didn't settle well with the coloured lighting. We then tried the lights at the side of the theatre. I felt that they boosted the brightness, and added warmth into the shots.

One of the main things I have been having problems with is finding the appropriate time to do some filming with Danny and Iona. but I can never seem to pick relevant times for either of them, to film them both together. And even when I do have a chance to film them together, either one of them have forgotten there outfit, or a specific thing I have asked them to bring along to that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment