Saturday 13 April 2013

Filming and Editing updates

Since coming back to college the only date accessible to go and film in the theatre was Thursday 11th April. I managed to get a two hour slot from 4pm-6pm. This time would give me a chance to finish filming everything I needed to collect, and to take a few photos to help me finish my digipak and magazine advert. 

The night before I filmed, Danny told me that due to commitments outside of college he couldn't stay after college to help me finish filming. I then checked again with Iona and Emily to see if they where still available and updated them with the situation at hand. 
When going through my storyboard, I could see the possible changes that I could add in to, to be able to finish off all the filming I needed to do on Thursday. 

When Thursday afternoon came along, I went down into the theatre with the already booked camera and tri-pod stand ready to set up and negotiate the lights again with the lighting technician. However when I went down there, there was a group of dancers rehearsing in the theatre for one of their upcoming exams. They told me that they where only going to be a few minutes to go through their dance routine again and to tidy the props they where using. They where in there for over an hour, giving me less time to finish of the film I needed to do.

As soon as they where done, Iona and Emily helped set everything up, connecting my Ipod to the speakers as the computer had been disconnected, position the chair in the spot light, and to make sure that the lighting compatible with the camera. When that was all done we started filming the footage for the second verse.
It actually didn't take us as long as I thought it would have done. Iona and Emily worked together well and was happy with doing as many takes and shoots as I needed to. They also helped when It came to doing the individual shots of one another, taking in turns to fast forwarding and re-winding back to the appropriate part in the song. (Up). I was also able to take a few photos of them whilst recording. But looking through the images I had collected, I realized that none of them where worth keeping due to the lighting in the theatre.   

On Friday 12th, I went to the media block and did a solid hours editing on the editing suit. Looking through all the footage, I was able to see which clips I could use and some to which there was no reason for keeping. (For example when they started laughing through a take, and when a shadow had been cast-ted across either Ionas and Emilys face during a take).
One of the shots I had collected worked towards the final product of my music video. But a problem that kept re-occurring during filming with Katy and Danny and Danny and Emily was, the lights in the theatres technicians room where visible because of the mirror. I have tried editing it out as much as I can, but towards the end of the shot, you are able to see it for a split second. Maybe If I can book the theatre again, I will re-shoot that shot.   

No comments:

Post a Comment